This is a requested video show step-by-step how I motorized the LEGO Hogwarts Express Train and includes a Studsburg 3.0 sneak peek!
Note: in the video, I used a Minifigure base, but in the parts list, I’ve swapped that for a studded 1×4 tile, but that’s up to you to decide.
Now, in my original video, I had used grey pieces as I hadn’t yet ordered the red and black bits I needed. This has now been rectified thanks to my last BrickLink order.
I’ll show you the things you need to know, build it up at a high speed in HD. This means you can pause each frame and see exactly what I did in it.
Overall, I am very, very happy with the end result. This new tender – the mark 3 as I’m calling it – is rock solid and will hopefully work well for anyone that builds it!
There are some optional bits like the coal I’ve put on top. Seen other people do this and think it really adds to the look. You may also want to fill the gap into the left of where the cable is. Again, up to you. This is just my suggestions.
Let me know what you think of this build along with any suggestions when you’ve finished watching the video and don’t forget to like it on YouTube!
And if you haven’t already, hit the subscribe button and turn on the “bell” to get the latest updates and see what I’ve been up to!
Related LEGO Videos
- LEGO Hogwarts Express Train Step by Step Motorized Upgrade (set 75955)
- LEGO Parts Haul from BrickLink.com – Sig Figs, Hogwarts Express MOD
- Studsburg Custom LEGO City Update #7 – A Bridge too far? 9th Dec 2018
- Motorized Hogwarts Express LEGO Train 2018 with new Powered Up System
- LEGO Hogwarts Express Review! Harry Potter Set 75955