This is a quick tutorial on how to import a parts list created in BrickLink and exported back into BrickLink. Hint: It’s not a simple case of opening a file. You have to do some copy and pasting too. Why is it so hard? I don’t know, but I hope this helps you learn how to import a Parts list!
If you’ve watched any of my LEGO MOC tutorials on YouTube such as the How To Motorize the 2019 LEGO Hogwarts Express Train (75955) and LEGO Train Wagon : Easy how to tutorial I include a BrickLink parts list. This file is made by BrickLink, but cannot be simply loaded back in which is something I get asked about a lot.
So here’s a step by step as outlined in the video of how to import these LEGO Parts lists:
- Open the BrickLink parts list in a text editor (it’s an xml file which most editors will open just fine)
- Copy the raw xml text
- Go to BrickLink.com
- In the top right, mouse over Want then select Upload from the drop down menu
- On the page that appear, next to the bold text Upload a file from your computer, click on the other text Upload BrickLink XML format
- And then paste in the text you copied just now
- Select the Wanted List you want to use
- Click Proceed to verify items
- Review the list and Save it
That’s it. You have now imported the parts list! Should be easier but that’s how it works.
Let me know in the comments below if I missed anything.
Subscribe to the GJBricks YouTube channel.